Uniform Complaint Procedures
A complaint regarding the violation of specific federal and state programs that use categorical funds such as Adult Education, After School Education and Safety, Agricultural Vocational Education, American Indian Education Centers, American Indian Early Childhood Education, Career Technical Education, Child Care and Development, Consolidated Categorical Aid, Foster Youth Services, Local Control Funding Formula and Local Control Accountability Plans, Migrant Education, Nutrition Services, Regional Occupational Centers, School Facilities, Special Education, Tobacco-Use Prevention Education, and Unlawful Pupil Fees are considered UCP complaints.
UCP complaints are filed with:
Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
170 W. San Jose Ave.
Claremont, CA 91711
Please see the following information regarding UCP complaints:
- Uniform Complaint Procedure (click to download)
- Visit California Department of Education for a comprehensive explanation of Uniform Complaint Procedures at www.cde.ca.gov/re/cp/uc/
Williams Complaint Procedures
A complaint regarding textbooks and/or instructional materials, faciliites or teacher vacancy or misassignment are considered Williams complaints.
Williams complaints may be filed in the following areas:
Textbooks and Instructional Materials
- A pupil, including an English learner, does not have standards-aligned textbooks or instructional materials or state-adopted or district-adopted textbooks or other required instructional materials to use in class.
- A pupil does not have access to textbooks or instructional materials to use at home or after school. This does not require two sets of textbooks or instructional materials for each pupil.
- Textbooks or instructional materials are in poor or unusable condition, have missing pages, or are unreadable due to damage.
- A pupil was provided photocopied sheets from only a portion of a textbook or instructional materials to address a shortage of textbooks or instructional materials.
- A condition poses an urgent or emergency threat to the health or safety of students or staff, including: gas leaks, nonfunctioning heating, ventilation, fire sprinklers or air-conditioning systems, electrical power failure, major sewer line stoppage, major pest or vermin infestation, broken windows or exterior doors or gates that will not lock and that pose a security risk, abatement of hazardous materials previously undiscovered that pose an immediate threat to pupils or staff, structural damage creating a hazardous or uninhabitable condition, and any other emergency conditions the school district determines appropriate.
- A school restroom has not been maintained or cleaned regularly, is not fully operational and has not been stocked at all times with toilet paper, soap, and paper towels or functional hand dryers.
- The school has not kept all restrooms open during school hours when pupils are not in classes and has not kept a sufficient number of restrooms open during school hours when pupils are in classes.
Teacher Vacancy or Misassignment
- Teacher vacancy - A semester begins and a teacher vacancy exists. (A teacher vacancy is a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of the year for an entire year or, if the position is for a one-semester course, a position to which a single designated certificated employee has not been assigned at the beginning of a semester for an entire semester.)
- Teacher misassignment - A teacher who lacks credentials or training to teach English learners is assigned to teach a class with more than 20 percent English learner pupils in the class.
- Teacher misassignment - A teacher is assigned to teach a class for which the teacher lacks subject matter competency.
Notice of Class Action Settlement
Notice of Class Action Settlement in the Williams v. State of California Class Action Lawsuit (English),www.cde.ca.gov/eo/ce/wc/noticeenglish.asp
Notice of Class Action Settlement in the Williams v State of California Class Action Lawsuit (Spanish),www.cde.ca.gov/eo/ce/wc/noticespanish.asp
Summary of Notice of Class Action Settlement
Summary of Notice of Class Action Settlement in the Williams v. State of California Class Action Lawsuit (English),www.cde.ca.gov/eo/ce/wc/sumnoticeenglish.asp
Summary of Notice of Class Action Settlement in the Williams v. State of California Class Action Lawsuit (Spanish),www.cde.ca.gov/eo/ce/wc/sumnoticespanish.asp