The Claremont Unified School District recognizes the excellent contributions of staff members toward the quality of education in the District. At least one staff member is selected for recognition during each school year from those nominated by their colleagues. A perpetual plaque including formerly honored employees is currently on display in the lobby of the Education Center. The names of the latest employees to be honored will be added.
The Board of Education adopted a set of principles entitled “Reaffirming and Reframing Excellence.” The criteria for giving recognition to staff members in the “Spotlight on Excellence” were developed from those principles.
The District asked that all staff members consider nominating any member of the CUSD staff whom they felt met the following criteria:
- exhibits high standards of performance
- challenges self and others, both colleagues and students, to high standards of performance
- reinforces positive and contributing behaviors in colleagues and students
- interacts and communicates positively and productively and shows responsiveness to the needs of students, staff, parents and community
- works collaboratively and cooperatively to create solutions