Parent Connect Resources
Parents can add a Parent Connect icon directly to their Smart Phones creating a shortcut to give them quick and easy access to view student(s) attendance, assignments, marks, etc. Parents can also make on-line payments for food services.
Canvas Parent Access
Any parent with an active ParentConnect account can access CUSD's Canvas learning management system(LMS) as an observer. A Parent Observer account allows parents/guardians to view their student's Canvas resources, submissions, contributions and grades.
Mathematics Placement Information for El Roble and Claremont High School
In accordance with the California Mathematics Placement Act of 2015 (SB 359), CUSD utilizes the following guidelines in recommending students for placement in secondary (grades 7-12) mathematics courses.
- Student entering El Roble in Grades 7 or 8 are placed in grade level mathematics courses, e.g. Math 7 (7th grade) or Math 8 (8th Grade)
- Students entering Claremont High School in Grade 9 - 12 are placed in mathematics classes based on grade information posted on their most recent transcript.
- The opportunity for acceleration at both El Roble and Claremont High School is based on the following multiple measures:
- Math proficiency level on current (as well as prior for CHS) California Assessment of Student Performance & Progress (CAASPP), if applicable.
- Semester Grades (Fall and Spring for Secondary) in current Math course.
- Mastery of Standards/Strands (Proficient or Advanced) on Grade Diagnostic (Math 8 Students only), if applicable.
- Mastery of Standards (Proficient or Advanced) on the appropriate Readiness Test.
- Teacher Recommendation.
Information regarding current math courses offered may be obtained by visiting the school websites El Roble or Claremont High School. Information regarding acceleration options, readiness test dates, and parent information nights will be posted here as well as shared with school sites during the current school year.
Math Acceleration Night Archived Information
Thank you for those of you that came out to hear about math acceleration options in Claremont Unified School District. The presentation and FAQ's are below: