Board Adopted Fee Policy
Claremont Adult School has two categories of classes: State Supported and Community Service.
State Supported Classes: An enrollment of at least 12 students is required in order for a class with a fee to be established. (Classes without fees, or fees of $5, must have at least 15 students enrolled). Classes in which attendance falls below 10 over a three week period may be discontinued or combined.
Community Service Classes: These must be self-supporting and are not supported with state funds. Following is Claremont Adult School's Registration Fee Policy that has been adopted by the Claremont Unified School District Board of Education.
TYPE I: COURSES APPROVED BY THE STATE FOR APPORTIONMENT
- No registration fee is assessed for the following:
- Students enrolled in a course leading to a high school diploma
- Students enrolled in a course in English as a Second Language
- Citizenship / GED class
An additional fee may be charged to cover the cost of instruction when the class size is such that State Apportionment does not cover that cost.
TYPE II: COMMUNITY SERVICE CLASSES DESIGNED TO BE SELF-SUPPORTING
- Fees will be determined by contract instructor
- Registration fees are non-refundable unless class is cancelled
- Supply fee, if appropriate, will be specified in contract and paid to the contract instructor.
- Class minimum and maximum enrollment will be identified in contract.
In addition to a registration fee, materials fees are required in some classes. In this brochure registration and materials fees may be combined and listed as one fee.